Friday, April 5, 2013

Lucky

face
I wake with start,
to you and your smiling lips.
The sunshine peaks through the window,
illuminating your rosy cheeks.
Radiating my heart,
supplying the warmth,
to fuel my soul.
Give me the strength,
to carry on in life.
~
I ever so gently take your face in my hands;
kissing you,
pouring my love into you.
Caressing your cheeks with my thumb
I think to myself,
“I must be in heaven.”
There are no words to describe
the way I feel,
the love you give,
the hope you spread.
You mean more to me than you know
I don’t know how I got so lucky.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem here Brandon, thanks for sharing your talent with us there on Poetic Ink. I love how this poem ends and it shows how much emotion and passionate feelings people do indeed have for one another today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!!! It means a lot to me!
      ~
      Brandon

      Delete