Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The street Part 2 - Savior


snow

Collapsed on the street
Snow piled high on me
Tears strolling down my cheek
I don’t bother to wipe them
Knowing I am alone
I sit and wait for death to finally catch up
No longer caring
I hear it coming and look up to face it
But death is not what stares back at me
It is you,
You kneel beside me
Brush off the snow
I look into your eyes
I see no hate, only love
I wonder why you are here
On this side of the street
The wrong side
You don’t say anything,
You just smile
Your smile breaks the ice caging my heart
I feel safe,
Like you wouldn’t hurt me
You raise me to my feet
Take my hand in yours
You lead me away from my pole
We walk down the street for a while
Unsure of who you are or why you helped me
We kept walking; you pulled me closer to you
You wrap an arm around my waist
And place your head on my shoulder
I have never felt love before
But I know this must be it
We keep walking
Night is turning to day
I know now that you were sent to me
Delivered to me
To be my savior
I look in your eyes and see that same sparkle
As when you first picked me up
I love you more than anything
I will never leave your side
For you are my savior
So I walk beside you
Down the wrong side of the street
Happy, at last

No comments:

Post a Comment