Monday, April 8, 2013

The Eye (Edgar Allan Poe Adaptation)

jailed
After such a heinous act
how can I be so calm
I tell you this in a pact
never tell for fear of The Eye
~
I remember
like yesterday
sitting there,
staring into The Eye
I felt it in the air
That’s when I knew
I had to take it,
remove The Eye
~
Crazy, and mad
you might think of I
Smile at you
I hold your gaze with My Eye
~
Now, sit and stay
be a good lad
sit down as tell
this tale of the heart gone mad
~
You should have seen me young lad
Meticulously was I
As I planned for those seven days;
how to steal that Eye
~
You would have loved to see
Oh I was so cunning
Almost salivating now
my plan was stunning
~
Upon each night I creep
Into the room of The Bligh
at midnight, observing
watching the Evil Eye
~
Cracking the door
I poke my head in, exposed
Ha! Would a crazy be as careful?
there the eye lay, closed
~
Seven nights did this occur
each night the same as the last, I swear
On the eighth, again I enter
This time he calls “who’s there?”
~
Silenced remained,
I lingered still
quiet as ever
Twas quite the thrill
~
“It is nothing but the wind in the chimney
it is only a mouse crossing the floor,
It is merely a cricket which has made a single chirp.”
he uttered
~
Though comforting the eye might try
Death lingered, so close by
Laying back down, continued on did I
I released a soft sigh
~
That’s when the feelings came
Anxiety crept over with no warning
Nervous? but how? I was so sure
Then, I thought, their would be no mourning
~
A shriek from my lips
to the bed I ran
dragging out the eye to the floor
Pulling the bed over the old man
~
Standing back
peeling back the planks
concealing him
to the floor I gave thanks
~
The deed done and finished
relishing in the moment
this act forever with me
for life I would have to own it

No comments:

Post a Comment