Sunday, April 14, 2013

My Light

images
You are my light that keeps my soul alive
In the deep trenches of my life
I see the speck of light in this dismal place
Sent here, I stand forsaken by a world
That which will never understand me
~
I am drawn to its beauty
The bright white light among
This pitch black nothingness
Towards it I must go
~
I move as if pulled by it
Away from all the
Hatred, Torment, and Pain
Drifting silently through this abyss
~
It’s so beautiful
Shining its love far into this hateful realm
Caught in its grace my soul is lifted
Cleansed of its rage
~
I reach the light
Seeing only my Guardian Angel
Standing before me
Embracing me with affection
~
We move away
Never looking back
Giving me strength
When no one else could
~
I look forth to our path ahead
Not caring what I see
Happy to be encased in your warmth
And glad to be out of the blackness
~
For where ever I go
For what ever I do
I will always love you
My Guardian Angel

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely was drawn into the beauty of this poem and I could not think of anything else but what was being drawn in its words...ahh...love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, so very humbling!!! Thank you for the read and wonderful compliment!!!

      Delete